Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ladies Night

I'm a bit of a homebody. I love going out and doing lots of different things, but most of the time I am perfectly happy to spend evenings at home making dinner, working on some kind of project or just curling up on the couch with a book or the remote. However, there are those times when I am just dying to get together with my girls and break up my routine a bit.

On Friday, I was beginning to feel that urge, so I sent out a group email and we made plans to have dinner last night. I've heard Katie sing the praises of North by Northwest regularly for a good year-and-a-half or so now and figured it was high time to finally try this place out. In a word: yum! I knew it was a good choice when I saw that five out of nine choices of sides are potato dishes.

They are a restaurant and brewery, so it was only right that I try one of their original beers. I got the Bavarian Hefeweizen and found it quite refreshing (even if they cut the lemon slice in a way that is hard to squeeze out any juice). We ordered a plate of garlic fries for the table and I was simply amazed that I had never had such an obvious and delicious combination before. I wouldn't say my pasta entree was revolutionary by any means, but it was very satisfying. We decided to split 3 desserts among the 4 of us - creme brulee, chocolate torte and apple crisp a la mode. The apple crisp alone was plenty dessert for all of us and, needless to say, I left absolutely stuffed. Of course the best part of the evening was getting to spend time with 4 friends (an extra showed up as we were eating our sweets) who I don't see nearly enough.

Good food, good company, what more could I ask for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heehee I didn't realize this was the first time you had been to NXNW! You will have to go back and try the Orange Chicken and the Tiramisu. YUUUMMMY! Those garlic fries are by far the best fries in the freaking world.

So, when do we go back again??

 
Designed by Lena