Thursday, October 23, 2008

Because it's almost Halloween...

... and I can't think of anything to write about and, despite the fact that I really wanted to be Peggy Sawyer when I was 6, I also was a kid of the 80s, I will post a picture of me as Rainbow Brite three years ago.


Pardon the quality of the picture. It was taken by a coworker and then I had the brilliant idea to "photoshop" (by which I mean use Paint to cut and paste) myself into a Rainbow Brite scene. It's the only picture I have of the costume and I don't even have the original now. Also, you may notice that this is not one of those skimpy RB costumes that the Halloween stores started carrying, like, the year after I had this idea (yeah, I'm a trend setter). This costume is all cut up t-shirts, multi-colored duct tape and love.

Also, here's a hint: don't cover your favorite boots in duct tape unless you never want to wear them normally again.

1 comment:

R.E. said...

Reading this made me look up Raindbow Brite on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Brite

Wow - the plot could just not have been developed by sober and sane adults. Soooo very strange.

Still - A great costume.

PS - I bet that Goo Gone could help those boots get back to their original condition.

 
Designed by Lena